|Areas of Expertise
- Biochemical, catalytic, and spectroscopic studies of redox active enzymes
- Protein engineering
- Structure and reactivity of the active site diiron center
- Catalytic contributions to the active site protein residues
- Consequences of protein-protein and protein-substrate interactions on the outcome of enzyme catalysis
|| Brian Fox's Department of Biochemistry Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,145,551 - Multifunctional cellulase and hemicellulase, issued September 2015.
- 8,945,902 - Combinatorial discovery of enzymes with utility in biomass transformation, issued February 2015.
- 8,268,581 - Carboxy terminal residues as predictors and regulators of protein stability, issued September 2012.
- 8,088,601 - Expression systems for functional membrane polypeptides, issued January 2012.
- 7,601,358 - Mycobacterium tuberculosis protein composition, issued October 2009.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20140079683 - Multifunctional cellulase and hemicellulase, published March 2014.
- 20120107904 - Carboxy terminal residues as predictors and regulators of protein stability, published May 2012.
- 20100330649 - Expression systems for functional membrane polypeptides, published December 2010.
- 20100304405 - Combinatorial discovery of enzymes with utility in biomass transformation, published December 2010.
- 20080286749 - Enhanced protein expression using auto-induction media, published November 2008.
- Cell-free translation and purification of arabidopsis thaliana regulator of g signaling 1 protein. Li B, Makino S, Beebe ET, Urano D, Aceti DJ, Misenheimer TM, Peters J,Fox BG, Jones AM. Protein Expr Purif. 2016 Oct;126:33-41. doi: 10.1016/j.pep.2016.04.016. Epub 2016 May 6.
- Evolution and ecology of actinobacteria and their bioenergy applications. Lewin GR, Carlos C, Chevrette MG, Horn HA, McDonald BR, Stankey RJ,Fox BG, Currie CR. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2016 Sep 8;70:235-54. doi: 10.1146/annurev-micro-102215-095748.
- Evolution of high cellulolytic activity in symbiotic streptomyces through selection of expanded gene content and coordinated gene expression. Book AJ, Lewin GR, McDonald BR, Takasuka TE, Wendt-Pienkowski E, Doering DT, Suh S, Raffa KF, Fox BG, Currie CR. PLoS Biol. 2016 Jun 8;14(6):e1002475. doi: 10.1371/journal.pbio.1002475. eCollection 2016 Jun.
- Structure of t4mof, the toluene 4-monooxygenase ferredoxin oxidoreductase. Acheson JF, Moseson H, Fox BG. Biochemistry. 2015 Sep 29;54(38):5980-8. doi: 10.1021/acs.biochem.5b00692. Epub 2015 Sep 17.
View Brian Fox's publications at PubMed.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Envirogen, Inc.
- Intra-University Collaboration: Chemistry, Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Chemistry
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Hokkaido University, Agriculture
- California State University-Fullerton, Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Oregon Graduate Institute
- Brookhaven National Lab
- Joint Genome Institute
- High-Resolution NMR
- Computer-Controlled Fermenter
- Optical and Resonance Raman Spectroscopies
- Institute for Enzyme Research
||Biochemistry / Administration
||Associate Vice Chancellor
|Address Line 1
||141B DeLuca Biochemistry Laboratories
|Address Line 2
||433 Babcock Drive
||B.A., Carleton College
||Ph.D., University of Minnesota
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Fluorescence Polarization Assay to Detect Protease Cleavage
Expression System and Fermentation Processes For Overexpression Of Holo-Acyl Carrier Protein
Simpler Method of Producing Functional Cytochrome B5 and Other Membrane Polypeptides
Controlling and Predicting the Stability of a Protein Against Degradation by Proteases
Powerful New Enzyme for Transforming Biomass
Cell-Free System for Combinatorial Discovery of Enzymes Capable of Transforming Biomass for Biofuels
Enhanced Biomass Digestion with Wood Wasp Bacteria