|Areas of Expertise
- Applied mathematics
- Bioscience and engineering
- Colloids/particle technology
- Kinetics and catalysis
- Nanoscale science and engineering
- Polymers and rheology
- Process systems engineering
- Reactor modeling and reaction engineering
- Transport phenomena
- Materials-based approaches to solve important problems in the biomedical, pharmaceutical, and health-related fields
- How control over structure at the molecular level influences material properties and how subtle changes in material properties affect interactions with biological systems
- Biomaterials and biotechnology
- Functional materials
- Polymer synthesis
- Gene and drug delivery
- Controlled release
- Parallel synthesis and screening
||David Lynn's Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,101,666 - Biodegradable poly(beta-amino esters) and uses thereof, issued August 2015.
- 9,034,309 - Biocidal polymers, issued May 2015.
- 8,962,001 - Nuclease inhibitors and methods for their use, issued February 2015.
- 8,834,918 - Modified multilayered film, issued September 2014.
- 8,734,851 - Localized delivery of nucleic acid by polyelectrolyte assemblies, issued May 2014.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160022821 - Biodegradable poly (beta-amino esters) and uses thereof, published January 2016.
- 20150224135 - Biocidal polymers, published August 2015.
- 20140094399 - Biodegradable poly(beta-amino esters) and uses thereof, published April 2014.
- 20130344563 - Nuclease inhibitors and methods for their use, published December 2013.
- 20130136782 - Inhibition and dispersion of bacterial biofilms with 2-aminobenzimidazole derivatives, published May 2013.
- Using Chemoattractants to Lure Bacteria to Contact-Killing Surfaces. Jain R, Faith NG, Milkowski A, Nelson K, Busche D, Lynn DM, Czuprynski CJ, Abbott NL. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2016 May 4;55(19):5698-702. doi: 10.1002/anie.201510813. Epub 2016 Apr 5.
- Intraluminal Release of an Antifungal β-Peptide Enhances the Antifungal and Anti-Biofilm Activities of Multilayer-Coated Catheters in a Rat Model of Venous Catheter Infection. Raman N, Marchillo K, Lee MR, Rodríguez López AL, Andes DR, Palecek SP, Lynn DM. ACS Biomater Sci Eng. 2016 Jan 11;2(1):112-121. Epub 2015 Dec 8.
- Covalent Immobilization of Caged Liquid Crystal Microdroplets on Surfaces. Guo X, Manna U, Abbott NL, Lynn DM. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Dec 9;7(48):26892-903. doi: 10.1021/acsami.5b09595. Epub 2015 Nov 24.
- Synthetic Mimics of Bacterial Lipid A Trigger Optical Transitions in Liquid Crystal Microdroplets at Ultralow Picogram-per-Milliliter Concentrations. Carter MC, Miller DS, Jennings J, Wang X, Mahanthappa MK, Abbott NL,Lynn DM. Langmuir. 2015 Dec 1;31(47):12850-5. doi: 10.1021/acs.langmuir.5b03557. Epub 2015 Nov 17.
View David Lynn's publications here.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Biochemistry
||Chemistry / Chemical and Biological Engineering
|Address Line 1
||1008 Engineering Hall
|Address Line 2
||1415 Engineering Drive
||B.S., University of South Carolina, 1994
||Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, 1999
|Technologies Available for Licensing
Charge-Dynamic Polymers for Delivering Anionic Compounds, Such as DNA, into Cells
Nuclease Inhibitors and Methods for Their Use
Localized Delivery of Nucleic Acid by Polyelectrolyte Assemblies
Methods of Using Redox-Active Surfactants to Control Polymer Interactions
Layer-by-Layer Covalent Assembly of Reactive Ultrathin Films
Novel Charge Shifting Anionic Polymers for the Controlled Release of Cationic Agents from Surfaces
Multilayered Film for Delivering Proteins and Other Small Molecules into Cells
Multilayered Films for the Controlled Relesease of Anionic Molecules, Including Nucleic Acids
Devices and Methods for Immobilizing Liquid Crystal Droplets onto a Chemically Functionalized Substrate Surface
Novel Bacteria Strain to Protect Growing Alfalfa
Combatting Biofilms by Disrupting Bacteria Quorum Sensing