|Areas of Expertise
- Magnetic resonance (MR) interventional procedures
- MR angiography and cardiac imaging - specifically designing real-time magnetic resonance acquisition and processing algorithms and systems for these procedures
- MR contrast mechanisms
- Signal and image processing
- Distributed computing
|| Walter Block's Department of Biomedical Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 8,502,536 - Method for accelerated high resolution chemical species separation for magnetic resonance imaging, issued August 2013.
- 8,472,688 - Method for image reconstruction employing sparsity-constrained iterative correction, issued June 2013.
- 8,427,147 - Magnetic resonance imaging with fat suppression by combining phase rotating data with phase shifted data in k-space, issued April 2013.
- 7,994,785 - Method for simultaneously measuring t2* and diffusion with magnetic resonance imaging, issued August 2011.
- 7,917,190 - Image acquisition and reconstruction method for functional magnetic resonance imaging, issued March 2011.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20120256625 - Method for accelerated high resolution chemical species separation for magnetic resonance imaging, published October 2012.
- 20100260397 - Magnetic resonance imaging with fat suppression, published October 2010.
- 20090273344 - Method for simultaneously measuring t2* and diffusion with magnetic resonance imaging, published November 2009.
- 20090262996 - Method for image reconstruction employing sparsity-constrained iterative correction, published October 2009.
- 20070222446 - Characterization of receiver demodulation for correcting off-axis mr imaging degradation, published September 2007.
- Overexpressing corticotropin-releasing factor in the primate amygdala increases anxious temperament and alters its neural circuit. Kalin NH, Fox AS, Kovner R, Riedel MK, Fekete EM, Roseboom PH, Tromp do PM, Grabow BP, Olsen ME, Brodsky EK, McFarlin DR, Alexander AL, Emborg ME, Block WF, Fudge JL, Oler JA. Biol Psychiatry. 2016 Sep 1;80(5):345-55. doi: 10.1016/j.biopsych.2016.01.010. Epub 2016 Jan 30.
- Multicomponent t2 analysis of articular cartilage with synovial fluid partial volume correction. Liu F, Chaudhary R, Block WF, Samsonov A, Kijowski R. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2016 May;43(5):1140-7. doi: 10.1002/jmri.25061. Epub 2015 Oct 5.
- Rapid multicomponent relaxometry in steady state with correction of magnetization transfer effects. Liu F, Block WF, Kijowski R, Samsonov A. Magn Reson Med. 2016 Apr;75(4):1423-33. doi: 10.1002/mrm.25672. Epub 2015 May 8.
- Utilization of a balanced steady state free precession signal model for improved fat/water decomposition. Henze Bancroft LC, Strigel RM, Hernando D, Johnson KM, Kelcz F, Kijowski R, Block WF. Magn Reson Med. 2016 Mar;75(3):1269-77. doi: 10.1002/mrm.25728. Epub 2015 May 6.
View Walter Block's publications at Google Scholar.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Radiology, Biostatistics, Psychiatry, Medicine, Occupational Ergonomics and Biomechanics Laboratory
- University of California, San Diego, Radiology
- NYU, Medical Center
- University of Illinois, Center of MRI Research
- Vastly undersampled Isotropic Projection (VIPR), developed by Block
- VIPR SSFP Isotropic Imaging
- Biomedical Engineering Center for Translational Research
- Occupational Ergonomics and Biomechanics Laboratory
- MR Angiography Research Lab
|Address Line 1
||1137 Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research
|Address Line 2
||1111 Highland Avenue
||B.S., University of Illinois, Electrical Engineering
||M.S., Stanford University
||Ph.D., Stanford University, 1998
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Dual Resolution Acquisition of Magnetic Resonance Angiography Data with Vessel Segmentation
Magnetic Resonance Imaging with Fat Suppression
Method to Suppress Background Tissues in Time-Resolved Magnetic Resonance Angiography
Isotropic Imaging of Vessels with Fat Suppression
Parallel Magnetic Resonance Imaging Method Using a Radial Acquisition Trajectory
Image Reconstruction Method for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Characterization of Receiver Demodulation for Correcting Off-Axis MR Imaging Degradation
Method for Improved Efficiency and Image Quality of Parallel MRI using Radial Acquisition Trajectory
Real-Time Phase Error Correction for Off-Axis MRI Systems to Improve Efficiency and Image Quality
Post-Processing MRI Fat Suppression Method to Enhance Image Quality and Improve Medical Diagnostics
Improved Images with MRI Acquisition of Multiple Chemical Species
Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Diffusion and T2 Using Multi-Echo Projection Acquisition