|Areas of Expertise
- Tissue engineering
- Novel stem cell therapy
- Muscoloskeletal disorders
- Orthopedic tissues
- Bone, ligament, tendon, cartilage, etc
- Wound healing
- Regeneration of these tissues via tissue engineering
- Microstructural morphology and composition
- Relevant biological sciences
- Cell and molecular biology, histology, etc
- Ultrasonic wave propagation
- Knee reconstruction
- Fracture fixation
- Biomechanics of the spine
- Experimental, analytical, and computational mechanics
|| Ray Vanderby's Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,386,965 - Ultrasound machine providing composite image data, issued July 2016.
- 8,332,166 - Method and apparatus using lateral access to obtain acoustoelastic extraction of axial material properties, issued December 2012.
- 8,282,553 - Method and apparatus for acoustoelastic extraction of strain and material properties, issued October 2012.
- 7,928,059 - Use of neuropeptides for traumatic cartilage injury, issued April 2011.
- 7,776,815 - Use of neuropeptides for ligament healing, issued August 2010.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20140371587 - Ultrasound machine providing composite image data, published December 2014.
- 20140141047 - Selection of platelet rich plasma components via mineral binding, published May 2014.
- 20120259224 - Ultrasound machine for improved longitudinal tissue analysis, published October 2012.
- 20110276282 - Method and apparatus using lateral access to obtain acoustoelastic extraction of axial material properties, published November 2011.
- 20100228125 - Method and apparatus for acoustoelastic extraction of strain and material properties, published September 2010.
- Immune modulation with primed mesenchymal stem cells delivered via biodegradable scaffold to repair an achilles tendon segmental defect. Aktas E, Chamberlain CS, Saether EE, Duenwald-Kuehl SE, Kondratko-Mittnacht J, Stitgen M, Lee JS, Clements AE, Murphy WL, Vanderby R. J Orthop Res. 2016 Apr 6. doi: 10.1002/jor.23258. [Epub ahead of print]
- 3d fse cube and vipr-atr 3.0 tesla magnetic resonance imaging predicts canine cranial cruciate ligament structural properties. Racette M, Al saleh H, Waller KR 3rd, Bleedorn JA, McCabe RP, Vanderby RJr, Markel MD, Brounts SH, Block WF, Muir P. Vet J. 2016 Mar;209:150-5. doi: 10.1016/j.tvjl.2015.10.055. Epub 2015 Nov 4.
- Crown preservation of the mandibular first molar tooth impacts the strength and stiffness of three non-invasive jaw fracture repair constructs in dogs. Lothamer C, Snyder CJ, Duenwald-Kuehl S, Kloke J, McCabe RP, Vanderby R Jr. Front Vet Sci. 2015 Jul 17;2:18. doi: 10.3389/fvets.2015.00018. eCollection 2015.
- Primed mesenchymal stem cells alter and improve rat medial collateral ligament healing. Saether EE, Chamberlain CS, Aktas E, Leiferman EM, Brickson SL,Vanderby R. Stem Cell Rev. 2016 Feb;12(1):42-53. doi: 10.1007/s12015-015-9633-5.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Biomolecular Chemistry, Veterinary Medicine, Orthopedics and Rehabilitation, Family Medicine
- University of Houston, Health and Human Performance, Mechanical Engineering
- NASA-Ames Research Center, Life Sciences
- Ohio State University, Division of Sports Medicine,
Department of Family Medicine
- Genentech Inc.
- Howmedica Inc.
- Biomedical Engineering Center for Translational Research
|| [email protected]
||Orthopedics and Rehabilitation / Graduate School
|Address Line 1
||221 Bascom Hall
|Address Line 2
||500 Lincoln Drive
||B.S., Purdue University, 1968
||M.S., Purdue University, 1972
||Ph.D., Purdue University, Engineering, 1975
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Method and Apparatus Providing Improved Ultrasonic Strain Measurements of Soft Tissue
Use of Neuropeptides for Ligament Healing
Method to Diagnose and Treat Degenerative Joint Disease
Method and Apparatus for Acoustoelastic Extraction of Strain and Material Properties
Measurement of Stress, Strain and Stiffness in Functionally Loaded Tissues
Composite Images for Clearer Ultrasound