|Areas of Expertise
- Applied physics
- Microelectromechanical system
- Microsensors and microactuators
- BioMEMS and micro-optics
- Lab on chips
- Biomimetics and bioinspiration
- Smart materials and microstructures
- MEMS based RF passive components and their applications in radio-frequency (RF) IC
- MEMS sensors and actuators, especially biological MEMS (BioMEMS) and optical MEMS (or micro opto electro mechanical systems - MOEMS)
- Biological/chemical sensing and optofluidics
||Hongrui Jiang's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,299,503 - Recovering performance of degraded solar cells with electrical pulses, issued March 2016.
- 9,193,816 - Infrared light- and thermal-responsive graphene oxide hydrogel polymer composites, issued November 2015.
- 9,065,156 - Photovoltaic capacitor for direct solar energy conversion and storage, issued June 2015.
- 8,925,373 - Microfluidic device integrating sensing element and method, issued January 2015.
- 7,940,468 - Variable-focus lens assembly, issued May 2011.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20150270591 - Method of storing electron hole pairs, published September 2015.
- 20150192712 - Fresnel zone plate, published July 2015.
- 20140253870 - Variable-focus lens system, published September 2014.
- 20140251417 - Recovering performance of degraded solar cells with electrical pulses, published September 2014.
- 20140238488 - Passive solar tracking system to enhance solar cell output, published August 2014.
A fluidically tunable, dual-band patch antenna with closely spaced bands of operation. Bhattacharjee T, Jiang H, Behdad N. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 2016;15(1):118-121. doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2015.2432575.
Remote axial tuning in microscopy utilizing hydrogel-driven tunable liquid lens. Kanhere A, Lin G, Jiang H. J Microelectromech Syst. 2016;25(2):304-310. doi: 10.1109/JMEMS.2016.2518922.
Large-scale fluidic tuning of subwavelength periodic structures. Bhattacharjee T, Jiang H, Behdad N. IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett. 2015;14(1):190-193. doi: 10.1109/LAWP.2014.2359387.
A fluidic colorimetric sensor design for water hardness detection. Bhattacharjee T, Jiang H, Behdad N. IEEE Sensors J. 2015;15(2):819-826. doi: 10.1109/JSEN.2014.2351813.
View Hongrui Jiang's publications at Google Scholar.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Wisconsin Center for Applied Microelectronics
||Micro-Nano Sensors and Actuators Lab (MNSA)
||Electrical and Computer Engineering
|Address Line 1
||3440 Engineering Hall
|Address Line 2
||1415 Engineering Drive
||B.S., Peking University, Physics, 1995
||M.S., Cornell University, Electrical Engineering, 1999
||Ph.D., Cornell University, Electircal Engineering, 2001
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Bioagent Detection Device
Self-Regulating Microsystem that Integrates Silicon- and Polymer-Based MEMS Platforms
Variable-Focus Lens Assembly
Detecting and Determining the Concentration of a Target Bioagent
“Super” Artificial Compound Eyes Formed from Microlenses
Robust Biological and Chemical Detection Method and Microfluidic Device with Liquid Crystal Sensing Element
Improved Infrared-Responsive Hydrogel for Use in Microfluidics and Optics
Tunable, Silicon-Based Fresnel Lenses
Photovoltaic Capacitor for Direct Solar Energy Conversion and Storage
Solar Cells Track Sun
Prolonging Solar Cell Life
More Flexible Microlens Assembly