|Areas of Expertise
- Advanced dosimetry
- Radiation oncology
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Molecular imaging (WICMIC)
- Neutron/proton metrology
- Nuclear medicine/PET
- Radiation metrology
- Planning and delivery of radiation therapy to cancer patients
- Compact proton therapy machine
- Radiation physics
- Computer physics
- Radiation dosimetry
- Radiation calibration and effects
- Dose distributions in tissue, particularly in brachytherapy
- Conformal treatment utilizing multimodality imaging
- Measurement of radiation from various sources
- Development and application of safety practices in radiation therapy
||T. Rockwell Mackie's Department of Medical Physics Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,006,677 - Fan beam modulator for ion beams providing continuous intensity modulation, issued April 2015.
- 8,897,857 - Method and apparatus for generating proton therapy treatment planning images, issued November 2014.
- 8,778,252 - Three-dimensional printing system using dual rotation axes, issued July 2014.
- 8,767,917 - System and method of delivering radiation therapy to a moving region of interest, issued July 2014.
- 8,309,915 - Mass spectrometer using an accelerating traveling wave, issued November 2012.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160056008 - System and method for multi-source x-ray-based imaging, published February 2016.
- 20140125790 - Device and method for three dimensional imaging of biological sample, published May 2014.
- 20130189435 - Three-dimensional printing system using dual rotation axes, published July 2013.
- 20130108014 - Method and apparatus for generating proton therapy treatment planning images, published May 2013.
- 20100252728 - Mass spectrometer using an accelerating traveling wave, published October 2010.
- Texture analysis applied to second harmonic generation image data for ovarian cancer classification. Wen BL, Brewer MA, Nadiarnykh O, Hocker J, Singh V, Mackie TR, Campagnola PJ. J Biomed Opt. 2014 Sep;19(9):096007. doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.19.9.096007.
- The sweet spot: FDG and other 2-carbon glucose analogs for multi-modal metabolic imaging of tumor metabolism. Cox BL, Mackie TR, Eliceiri KW. Am J Nucl Med Mol Imaging. 2014 Dec 15;5(1):1-13. eCollection 2015. Review.
- Automated quantification of aligned collagen for human breast carcinoma prognosis. Bredfeldt JS, Liu Y, Conklin MW, Keely PJ, Mackie TR, Eliceiri KW. J Pathol Inform. 2014 Aug 28;5(1):28. doi: 10.4103/2153-3539.139707. eCollection 2014.
- Computational segmentation of collagen fibers from second-harmonic generation images of breast cancer. Bredfeldt JS, Liu Y, Pehlke CA, Conklin MW, Szulczewski JM, Inman DR, Keely PJ, Nowak RD, Mackie TR, Eliceiri KW. J Biomed Opt. 2014 Jan;19(1):16007. doi: 10.1117/1.JBO.19.1.016007.
View T. Rockwell Mackie's publications at PubMed.
|Recent Artistic Works
- University of Colorado, Radiation Oncology
||Engineering Physics / Medical Physics
Director, Medical Devices Focus Area, Morgridge Institute for Research
Co-Founder and Chairman, TomoTherapy Inc.
|Address Line 1
||Engineering Research Building
|Address Line 2
||1500 Engineering Drive
||B.S., University of Saskatchewan, Physics, 1980
||Ph.D., University of Alberta, Physics, 1984
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Low Skin Dose Patient Positioning Device for Radiation Treatment of Prone Breast
High-Speed Computed Tomography System Using a Spherical Anode for Improved Medical Imaging
Scanning Aperture Ion Beam Range Compensator and Intensity Modulator for External Radiation Therapy
Distal Gradient Tracking (DGT) for Ion Beam Radiation Therapy
Ion Fan Beam Radiation Therapy System with Partial Arc Motion
Multi-Beamlet Resolution Proton Therapy (MBRPT) for Ion Beam Treatment of Tumors
Probabilistic Least Squares Optimization for Radiation Therapy to Remove Patient Motion Effects
Space and Time Variant Electric Field Enhancement Improves Accuracy of Mass Spectroscopy for Large Compounds
Quadrupole Magnetic Fan Beam Former for Ion Radiation Therapy Systems
Multi-Element Ion Beam Range and Intensity Modulator for Radiation Therapy
Monitoring Tissue Fluorescence in Bright Light
More Accurate Method for Generating Proton Therapy Treatment Planning Images
Producing Medical Isotopes with Dry-Phase Reactor
Radial 3-D Printer for Improved Prototyping Efficiency
Improved Proton-Based Cancer Radiation Therapy System with Beam Intensity and Energy Modulation