|Areas of Expertise
- Advanced materials, processing and synthesis
- Solid-state materials synthesis and characterization
- Electronic and semiconductor materials
- Solar energy and photovoltaics
- Oxide materials
- Nanostructure formation
- Defect engineering and nanoscopic processes
- Materials integration through bonding
- New approaches to material growth using nanoscale patterning
- MOVPE growth: Mechanisms and technology
- Organic-inorganic interfaces
|| Thomas Kuech's Department of College of Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,244,225 - Fabrication of low-loss, light-waveguiding, orientation-patterned semiconductor structures, issued January 2016.
- 9,096,948 - Fabrication of low-loss, light-waveguiding, orientation-patterned semiconductor structures, issued August 2015.
- 9,064,774 - Virtual substrates by having thick, highly relaxed metamorphic buffer layer structures by hydride vapor phase epitaxy, issued June 2015.
- 8,879,595 - Quantum cascade structures on metamorphic buffer layer structures, issued November 2014.
- 8,668,370 - Dimpled light distribution plates, issued March 2014.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160138182 - Methods for forming mixed metal oxide epitaxial films, published May 2016.
- 20160025927 - Fabrication of low-loss, light-waveguiding, orientation-patterned semiconductor structures, published January 2016.
- 20150325430 - High throughput semiconductor deposition system, published November 2015.
- 20140339505 - Virtual substrates by having thick, highly relaxed metamorphic buffer layer structures by hydride vapor phase epitaxy, published November 2014.
- 20140037258 - Fabrication of low-loss, light-waveguiding, orientation-patterned semiconductor structures, published February 2014.
- Atomic layer deposition of al2o3-ga2o3 alloy coatings for li[ni0.5mn0.3co0.2]o2 cathode to improve rate performance in li-ion battery. Laskar MR, Jackson DH, Guan Y, Xu S, Fang S, Dreibelbis M, Mahanthappa MK, Morgan D, Hamers RJ, Kuech TF. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2016 Apr 27;8(16):10572-80. doi: 10.1021/acsami.5b11878.
- Tuning acid-base properties using mg-al oxide atomic layer deposition. Jackson DH, O'Neill BJ, Lee J, Huber GW, Dumesic JA, Kuech TF. ACS Appl Mater Interfaces. 2015 Aug 5;7(30):16573-80. doi: 10.1021/acsami.5b04107.
- Control of thickness and chemical properties of atomic layer deposition overcoats for stabilizing cu/γ-al2 o3 catalysts. O'Neill BJ, Sener C, Jackson DH, Kuech TF, Dumesic JA. ChemSusChem. 2014 Dec;7(12):3247-51. doi: 10.1002/cssc.201402832.
- Stabilization of copper catalysts for liquid-phase reactions by atomic layer deposition. O'Neill BJ, Jackson DH, Crisci AJ, Farberow CA, Shi F, Alba-Rubio AC, Lu J, Dietrich PJ, Gu X, Marshall CL, Stair PC, Elam JW, Miller JT, Ribeiro FH, Voyles PM, Greeley J, Mavrikakis M, Scott SL, Kuech TF, Dumesic JA. Angew Chem Int Ed Engl. 2013 Dec 16;52(51):13808-12. doi: 10.1002/anie.201308245.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Materials Research Science and Engineering Center
- Materials Science Program
- Wisconsin Center for Applied Microelectronics
- University of California, San Diego, Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Arizona State University, School of Materials
||Chemical and Biological Engineering
|Address Line 1
||4629 Engineering Hall
|Address Line 2
||1415 Engineering Drive
||B.S., Marquette University, Physics, Materials Science
||M.S., California Institute of Technology, Applied Physics
||Ph.D., California Institute of Technology, Applied Physics
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Thin-Film Lithium Niobate and a Method of Producing It
Electro-Optic Optical Elements
Bright, Tunable, Continuous Wave Coherent Terahertz Source
Integrated, Miniaturized Fiber Optic Probe for Light-Based Diagnostics
Nested Waveguides for Generating or Detecting Radiation, Including Terahertz Radiation
Buffer Layer for Growing High Quality Semiconductors
New Method of Constructing a Quantum Cascade Laser with Improved Device Performance
Enhancing Light-Based Tissue Diagnostics by Dimpled Waveguide
Smoother Waveguides for More Efficient Nonlinear Frequency Conversion
Reusable Virtual Substrates for Growing Semiconductor Devices