|Areas of Expertise
- New technology and mathematical image reconstruction methods in the field of diagnostic computed tomography (CT)
- Phase contrast imaging
- Iterative reconstruction
- Clinical perfusion measurements
- 4D cone beam computed tomography
|| Guang-Hong Chen's Department of Radiology Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 9,427,205 - Systems and methods for artifact removal for computed tomography imaging, issued August 2016.
- 9,384,566 - System and method for simulataneous image artifact reduction and tomographic reconstruction, issued July 2016.
- 9,208,588 - Fast statistical imaging reconstruction via denoised ordered-subset statistically-penalized algebraic reconstruction technique, issued December 2015.
- 9,173,624 - System and method for multi-energy x-ray imaging using a polychromatic source, issued November 2015.
- 9,155,510 - Systems and methods for generating x-ray phase contrast images using a conventional x-ray imaging system, issued October 2015.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160270754 - Systems and methods for artifact removal for computed tomography imaging, published September 2016.
- 20160238381 - System for measuring three-dimensional profile of transparent object or refractive index by fringe projection, published August 2016.
- 20150103971 - System and method for multi-energy x-ray imaging using a polychromatic source, published April 2015.
- 20150103970 - Systems and methods for generating x-ray phase contrast images using a conventional x-ray imaging system, published April 2015.
- 20150086097 - Fast statistical imaging reconstruction via denoised ordered-subset statistically-penalized algebraic reconstruction technique, published March 2015.
- Sub-milliSievert (sub-mSv) CT colonography: A prospective comparison of image quality and polyp conspicuity at reduced-dose versus standard-dose imaging. Lubner MG, Pooler BD, Kitchin DR, Tang J, Li K, Kim DH, Del Rio AM, Chen GH, Pickhardt PJ. Eur Radiol. 2015 April 23. [Epub ahead of print].
- Patient-specific scatter correction for flat-panel detector-based cone-beam CT imaging. Zhao W, Brunner S, Niu K, Schafer S, Royalty K, Chen GH. Phys Med Biol. 2015 February 7;60(3):1339-1365. doi: 10.1088/0031-9155/60/3/1339. Epub 2015 January 16.
- Anatomical background noise power spectrum in differential phase contrast and dark field contrast mammograms. Garrett J, Ge Y, Li K, Chen GH. Med Phys. 2014 December;41(12):120701. doi: 10.1118/1.4901313.
- Low dose dynamic CT myocardial perfusion imaging using a statistical iterative reconstruction method. Tao Y, Chen GH, Hacker TA, Raval AN, Van Lysel MS, Speidel MA. Med Phys. 2014 July;41(7):071914. doi: 10.1118/1.4884023.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Medicine
|Address Line 1
||1165 Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research
|Address Line 2
||1111 Highland Avenue
||B.S., Beijing Normal University, Physics, 1991
||M.S., Nankai University, Mathematical Physics, 1997
||Ph.D., University of Utah, Theoretical Physics, 2000
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Fourier Space Tomographic Image Reconstruction Method
Correction of CT Images for Truncated or Incomplete Projections
Fan- and Cone-Beam Image Reconstruction Using Filtered Backprojection of Differentiated Projection
Cone-Beam Filtered Backprojection Image Reconstruction Method for Short Trajectories
Improved CT Image Reconstruction Method for Use with 1-D Detector Arrays
X-Ray System for Use in Image-Guided Procedures
Cardiac Image Reconstruction with Improved Temporal Resolution
Real-Time Progressive Medical Image Reconstruction Method for Time-Resolved Data
Ultra Low Radiation Dose Computed Tomography Scanner for X-ray Mammography
Reconstruction Method for Increasing Image Resolution of Computed Tomography Systems
Image Reconstruction System and Method to Reduce Artifacts from 3-D Cone-Beam CT Systems
Image Reconstruction Method for High Temporal Resolution Image Guided Radiaton Therapy
Prior Image Constrained Compressed Sensing (PICCS)
High Temporal Resolution Cardiac CT Imaging with Slowed Gantry Speed
Statistical Imaging Reconstruction Is Faster, Cuts Noise
Universal Signal-to-Noise Ratio Enhancement Using PICCS Image Reconstruction
X-Ray Phase Contrast Imaging Using Standard Equipment
Dual-Energy CT Cuts Costs, Radiation Dose
“DR-PICCS” – Dose Reduction Using PICCS Image Reconstruction Algorithms
Hybrid Method for Prior Image Reconstruction in Cardiac Cone-Beam Computed Tomography
Medical Imaging with Better Temporal Fidelity Can Streamline Stroke Care
Statistical Noise Map for Reducing X-Ray Exposure
Simultaneous Image Reconstruction and Artifact Reduction