|Areas of Expertise
- Advanced dosimetry
- Radiation oncology
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Molecular imaging (WICMIC)
- Neutron/proton metrology
- Nuclear medicine/PET
- Radiation metrology
- Radiation calibration
- Radiation therapy
- Signal and image processing applications in medical imaging
- Early detection of cancer
- Ultrasound tissue characterization
- Signal-processing tools for extracting relevant tissue microstructure
- Spectra of RF broadband ultrasonic echoes
- Characterizes fourier phase
- Magnitude of RF ultrasonic echoes with spectral redundancy
- In-vivo strain imaging
|| Tomy Varghese's Department of Medical Physics Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 8,403,850 - Rapid two/three-dimensional sector strain imaging, issued March 2013.
- 8,328,726 - Method and apparatus for monitoring tissue ablation, issued December 2012.
- 7,632,230 - High resolution elastography using two step strain estimation, issued December 2009.
- 7,601,122 - Ultrasonic elastography with angular compounding, issued October 2009.
- 7,331,926 - Ultrasonic elastography providing axial, orthogonal, and shear strain, issued February 2008.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20150330832 - Method and apparatus for rapid acquisition of elasticity data in three dimensions, published November 2015.
- 20140243668 - Method and apparatus for rapid acquisition of elasticity data in three dimensions, published August 2014.
- 20100256530 - Method and apparatus for monitoring tissue ablation, published October 2010.
- 20090247871 - Rapid two/three-dimensional sector strain imaging, published October 2009.
- 20090198129 - Characterization of vulnerable plaque using dynamic analysis, published August 2009.
- Comparison of three dimensional strain volume reconstructions using soupr and wobbler based acquisitions: A phantom study. Yang W, Ingle A, Varghese T. Med Phys. 2016 Apr;43(4):1615. doi: 10.1118/1.4942814.
- Classification of symptomatic and asymptomatic patients with and without cognitive decline using non-invasive carotid plaque strain indices as biomarkers. Wang X, Jackson DC, Mitchell CC, Varghese T, Wilbrand SM, Rocque BG, Hermann BP, Dempsey RJ. Ultrasound Med Biol. 2016 Apr;42(4):909-18. doi: 10.1016/j.ultrasmedbio.2015.11.025. Epub 2016 Jan 5.
- Segmental analysis of cardiac short-axis views using lagrangian radial and circumferential strain. Ma C, Wang X, Varghese T. Ultrason Imaging. 2015 Nov 16. pii: 0161734615613322. [Epub ahead of print]
- Ultrasonic tracking of shear waves using a particle filter. Ingle AN, Ma C, Varghese T. Med Phys. 2015 Nov;42(11):6711-24. doi: 10.1118/1.4934372.
View Tomy Varghese's publications at Google Scholar.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Electrical & Computer Engineering, Neurological Surgery
|Address Line 1
||1159 Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research, Room 1005
|Address Line 2
||1111 Highland Avenue
||B.E., University of Mysore, India, Instrumentation Technology, 1988
||M.S., University of Kentucky, Electrical Engineering, 1992
||Ph.D., University of Kentucky, Electrical Engineering, 1995
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||New Elastography Technique That Provides Direct Estimates of All Strain Tensor Components
Elastographic Imaging of Soft Tissue in Vivo
Method and Apparatus for Cardiac Elastography
Parametric Ultrasound Imaging by Using Angular Compounding to Reduce Statistical Variability
Elastographic Imaging of the Cervix and Uterine Wall
Rapid Multidimensional Strain Imaging for Cardiac, Abdominal and Other Applications
Two-Step Strain Estimation Method to Improve Ultrasonic Elasticity Imaging
Improved Method and Apparatus for Monitoring Tissue Ablation in Minimally Invasive Tumor Treatment
Real-Time 3-D Elastography
Rapid Three-Dimensional Elasticity Imaging