|Areas of Expertise
- Thin films
- Nanostructure fabrications of novel materials
- Hetroepitaxy of complex oxide thin films and heterostructures
- Thin film synthesis
- Characterization and device application of various novel materials
- Synthesis and characterization of epitaxial oxide heterostructures
- Heterointerfaces uniquely suited for oxide nanoelectronics piezoelectric heterostructures for hyper-active MEMS/NEMS, ferroelectric and multiferroics for magnetoelectric and photovoltaic devices
- Epitaxial growth of ferronictide superconducting thin films and 2-dimensional electron gas at oxide hetero-interfaces
- Crystal defect microstructures
- Applications of electron microscopy in materials research
- Solid-solid interfaces
||Chang-Beom Eom's Department of Materials Science and Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 7,754,351 - Epitaxial (001) BiFeO.sub.3 membranes with substantially reduced fatigue and leakage, issued July 2010.
- 7,449,738 - Strain-engineered ferroelectric thin films, issued November 2008.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20130327634 - Misaligned sputtering systems for the deposition of complex oxide thin films, published December 2013.
- 20130168233 - Apparatus and methods for heteroepitaxial growth using pulsed laser and sputtering deposition with real-time, in situ rheed imaging, published July 2013.
- 20090280355 - Epitaxial (001) BiFeO3 membranes with substantially reduced fatigue and leakage, published November 2009.
- 20060288928 - Perovskite-based thin film structures on miscut semiconductor substrates, published December 2006.
- 20060091434 - Strain-engineered ferroelectric thin films, published May 2006.
- Tailoring LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Interface Metallicity by Oxygen Surface Adsorbates. Dai W, Adhikari S, Garcia-Castro AC, Romero AH, Lee H, Lee JW, Ryu S, Eom CB, Cen C. Nano Lett. 2016 Apr 13;16(4):2739-43. doi: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.6b00421. Epub 2016 Mar 7.
- Mechanical Tuning of LaAlO3/SrTiO3 Interface Conductivity. Sharma P, Ryu S, Burton JD, Paudel TR, Bark CW, Huang Z, Ariando, Tsymbal EY, Catalan G, Eom CB, Gruverman A. Nano Lett. 2015 May 13;15(5):3547-51. doi: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b01021. Epub 2015 Apr 10.
- Switchable induced polarization in LaAlO3/SrTiO3 heterostructures. Bark CW, Sharma P, Wang Y, Baek SH, Lee S, Ryu S, Folkman CM, Paudel TR, Kumar A, Kalinin SV, Sokolov A, Tsymbal EY, Rzchowski MS, Gruverman A, Eom CB. Nano Lett. 2012 Apr 11;12(4):1765-71. doi: 10.1021/nl3001088. Epub 2012 Mar 13.
- Imprint Control of BaTiO3 Thin Films via Chemically Induced Surface Polarization Pinning. Lee H, Kim TH, Patzner JJ, Lu H, Lee JW, Zhou H, Chang W, Mahanthappa MK, Tsymbal EY, Gruverman A, Eom CB. Nano Lett. 2016 Apr 13;16(4):2400-6. doi: 10.1021/acs.nanolett.5b05188. Epub 2016 Mar 7.
View Chang-Beom Eom's publications here.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Materials Science Program
- The Pennsylvania State University, Materials Science and Engineering
- Boise State University, Physics
- Pacific Northwest National Laboratory, Materials Structure and Performance
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, Materials Science and Engineering
- Northwestern University, Physics & Astronomy
||Materials Science and Engineering / Physics
|Address Line 1
||2164 Engineering Centers Building
|Address Line 2
||1550 Engineering Drive
||B.S., Hanyang University, 1981
||M.S., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, 1983
||Ph.D., Stanford University, 1991
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Strain-Engineered Ferroelectric Thin Films
Ferroelectric Thin Films for Improving Memory Technology