|Areas of Expertise
- Thin films
- X-ray diffraction
- X-ray probes for ultrafast dynamics
- Micro-and-nanoscale properties of magnetic materials
- Domains and switching in ferroelectric materials
- Single-monolayer scale organic electronics
||Paul Evans' Department of Materials Science and Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
||Paul Evans' CV
- 9,181,092 - Semiconductor nanowire thermoelectric materials and devices, and processes for producing same, issued November 2015.
- 8,089,073 - Front and backside processed thin film electronic devices, issued January 2012.
- 7,354,809 - Method for double-sided processing of thin film transistors, issued April 2008.
- 6,282,931 - Electrically operated actuator and method, issued September 2001.
- 6,089,058 - Method for retrofitting a deadbolt assembly with an electrically operated actuator, issued September 2000.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20140203826 - Functionalized ZnO or ZnO alloy films exhibiting high electron mobility, published July 2014.
- 20140024202 - Semiconductor nanowire thermoelectric materials and devices, and processes for producing same, published 1 2014.
- 20100327355 - Front and backside processed thin film electronic devices, published December 2010.
- 20080276979 - Semiconductor nanowire thermoelectric materials and devices, and processes for producing same, published November 2008.
- 20070187719 - Method for double-sided processing of thin film transistors, published August 2007.
- Magneto-responsive liquid crystalline elastomer nanocomposites as potential candidates for dynamic cell culture substrates. Herrera-Posada S, Mora-Navarro C, Ortiz-Bermudez P, Torres-Lugo M, McElhinny KM, Evans PG, Calcagno BO, Acevedo A. Mater Sci Eng C Mater Biol Appl. 2016 Aug 1;65:369-78. doi: 10.1016/j.msec.2016.04.063. Epub 2016 Apr 20.
- Mesoscopic structural phase progression in photo-excited VO2 revealed by time-resolved x-ray diffraction microscopy. Zhu Y, Cai Z, Chen P, Zhang Q, Highland MJ, Jung IW, Walko DA, Dufresne EM, Jeong J, Samant MG, Parkin SS, Freeland JW, Evans PG, Wen H. Sci Rep. 2016 Feb 26;6:21999. doi: 10.1038/srep21999.
- Giant optical enhancement of strain gradient in ferroelectric BiFeO3 thin films and its physical origin. Li Y, Adamo C, Chen P, Evans PG, Nakhmanson SM, Parker W, Rowland CE, Schaller RD, Schlom DG, Walko DA, Wen H, Zhang Q. Sci Rep. 2015 Nov 20;5:16650. doi: 10.1038/srep16650.
- Spatially confined low-power optically pumped ultrafast synchrotron x-ray nanodiffraction. Park J, Zhang Q, Chen P, Cosgriff MP, Tilka JA, Adamo C, Schlom DG, Wen H, Zhu Y, Evans PG. Rev Sci Instrum. 2015 Aug;86(8):083904. doi: 10.1063/1.4929436.
View Paul Evans' publications here.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Materials Research Science and Engineering Center
- Materials Science Program
- SUNY Stony Brook, Physics & Astronomy
- Argonne National Lab, Adv Photon Source
- Variable temperature scanning probe microscopy
- Electrical characterization of thin films, devices, and nanostructures
- Organic device fabrication
|| [email protected]
||Materials Science and Engineering
|Address Line 1
||227 Materials Science & Engineering
|Address Line 2
||1509 University Avenue
||B.S., Cornell University, Engineering Physics, 1994
||M.S., Harvard University, Applied Physics, 1996
||Ph.D., Harvard University, Applied Physics, 2000
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Zinc Oxide Thin Films Have Higher Electron Mobility
Silicon Nanomembrane Thermoelectric Materials and Devices
Method for Double-Sided Processing of Thin-Film Single-Crystalline Electronics