|Areas of Expertise
- Mechanically-tunable antennas and periodic structures
- Origami electromagnetic structures
- Foldable electromagnetic devices
- Design of reconfirugrable antennas, metamaterials, phased-arrays, and periodic structures
- Microwave periodic structures and metamaterials
- Metamaterials for high-power microwave applications
- Frequency selective surfaces
- Sub-wavelength periodic structures, microwave lenses, and reflectarrays
- Electrically-small antennas
- Biomimetic antennas and antenna arrays, super-resolving electrically-small antenna arrays, super-directive electrically-small antenna arrays
- Tunable antennas
- Compact, ultra-wideband antennas
- Phased array antennas, large antenna apertures, and antenna arrays
- High-power microwave systems
- High-power microwave metamaterials
- Applications of metamaterials in the design of vacuum electronic sources and amplifiers
- Investigation of breakdown issues in hpm periodic structures and metamaterials
- Microwave imaging for early detection of breast cancer
- Microwave ablation and hyperthermia for cancer treatment
- Novel antenna array architectures for interference mitigation and capacity-enhancement of MIMO wireless communications systems.
- New aperture architectures and pixel designs for millimeter-wave/IR imaging
|| Nader Behdad's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
||Nader Behdad's CV
- 9,431,712 - Electrically-small, low-profile, ultra-wideband antenna, issued August 2016.
- 9,406,477 - Traveling wave tube loaded by a material having negative permittivity and positive permeability, issued August 2016.
- 9,337,540 - Ultra-wideband, low profile antenna, issued May 2016.
- 8,849,229 - Electrically small, super directive antennas, issued September 2014.
- 8,811,511 - Hybrid analog-digital phased MIMO transceiver system, issued August 2014.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20160294054 - Tunable spatial phase shifter, published October 2016.
- 20150357715 - Ultra-wideband, low profile antenna, published December 2015.
- 20150256139 - Epsilon negative loaded traveling wave tube, published September 2015.
- 20150250540 - Microwave ablation antenna system, published September 2015.
- 20140347243 - Electrically-small, low-profile, ultra-wideband antenna, published November 2014.
A minimally invasive, coax-fed microwave ablation antenna with a tapered-slot balun. Luyen H, Hagness SC, Behdad N. 2016 IEEE international Symposium on Antennas and Propagation. 2016 Jul 1. doi: 10.1109/APS.2016.7696289.
True-time-delay UWB reflectarray with linear to circular polarization transformation. Abadi SMAMH, Behdad N. 2016 IEEE international Symposium on Antennas and Propagation. 2016 Jul 1. doi: 10.1109/APS.2016.7696310.
Metamaterial-enhanced resistive wall amplifier design using periodically spaced inductive meandered lines. Rowe T, Behdad N, Booske JH. IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science. 2016 Aug 24;44(10):2476-2484. doi: 10.1109/TPS.2016.2599144.
Macro-electro-mechanical systems (M&Aelig;MS) based concept for microwave beam steering in reflectarray antennas. Abadi AMAMH, Booske JH, Behdad N. Journal of Applied Physics. 2016;120(5):054901-1-054901-8. doi: 10.1063/1.4960352.
View Nader Behdad's publications at Google Scholar.
|Recent Artistic Works
||Electrical and Computer Engineering
|Address Line 1
||3438 Engineering Hall
|Address Line 2
||1415 Engineering Drive
||B.S., Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Electrical Engineering, 2000
||M.Sc., University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Electrical Engineering, 2003
||Ph.D., University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, Electrical Engineering, 2006
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Enhanced Traveling Wave Tube
Ultrawide Band, Low-Profile ‘Stacked’ Antenna System
Ultrawide Band, Compact Antenna for Low Frequency Applications, Including Military Vehicles and Wireless Communications
Minimally Invasive Microwave Ablation Antennas
Electrically-Small, Super-Resolving Antennas and Arrays
Hybrid Analog-Digital Transceiver for Enhanced Wireless Communications
Low-Profile, Ultrawide Band Antenna
Ultrawideband, Frequency-Selective Transceiver Lens for Less Distortion
Electrically Small, Super-Directive Antennas Inspired by Insect Anatomy