|Areas of Research Expertise
- Applied physics
- Signal and information processing
- Machine learning
- Optimization and statistics
- Computational biology
- Biomedical imaging
||Robert Nowak's Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering Website
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- NSF, 2003-2016, Collaborative ITR/CSE: Modular strategies for internetwork monitoring
- NSF, 2012-2016, CIF: Small: Decoding error-correcting codes using large-scale decomposition methods
- NSF, 2012-2017, CIF: Small: Adaptive information: Sequential sensing and active learning theory, methods and applications
- DOD, Air Force, 2013-2018, Mathematical foundations of secure computing clouds
- WARF, 2014-2019, Kellett mid-career faculty researcher
- NSF, 2014-2018, BIGDATA: F: DKA: CSD: Human and machine co-processing
- University of Illinois - Urbana - Champaig, 2015-2017, Adaptive exploitation of non-commutative multimodal information structure
- 8,521,473 - Method of adaptive data acquisition, issued August 2013.
- 8,320,489 - Determining channel coefficients in a multipath channel, issued November 2012.
- 7,939,346 - Nanomembranes for remote sensing, issued May 2011.
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20140046631 - Method for adaptive data acquisition, published February 2014.
- 20110119031 - Method of adaptive data acquisition, published May 2011.
- 20100215081 - Determining channel coefficients in a multipath channel, published August 2010.
- 20080293152 - Nanomembranes for remote sensing, published November 2008.
Sketching sparse matrices, covariances, and graphs via tensor products. Dasarathy G, Shah P, Bhaskar BN, Nowak RD. IEEE Transactions of Information Theory. 2015 Mar;61(3):1373-1388. doi: 10.1109/TIT.2015.2391251.
Data requirement for phylogenetic inference from multiple loci: a new distance method. Dasarathy G, Nowak R, Roch S. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics. 2015 Mar;12(2):422-432. doi: 10.1109/TCBB.2014.2361685.
Sparse dueling bandits. Jamieson K, Katariya S, Deshpande A, Nowak R. Journal of Machine Learning Research. 2015 May 9;38(1):416-424.
View Robert Nowak's publications at Google Scholar.
|Recent Artistic Works
- Intra-University Collaboration: Computer Science
- Rice University
- McGill University
- Instituto Superior Técnico (Portugal)
- University of Michigan
- INRIA Sophia-Antipolis (France)
- Boston University
- Eaton Corporation
- INRIA Sophia-Antipolis, (France)
- Princeton University
- Columbia University
- Communications and Signal Processing Lab
||Electrical and Computer Engineering
Associate Editor, ACM Transactions on Sensor Networks
Faculty, Communications & Signal Processing Group
|Address Line 1
||3627 Engineering Hall
|Address Line 2
||1415 Engineering Drive
||B.S., UW–Madison, Electrical Engineering, 1990
||M.S., UW–Madison, Electrical Engineering, 1992
||Ph.D., UW–Madison, Electrical Engineering, 1995
||Postdoc, Fellow, Rice University, 1996
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Smart Leaf Technology - Floating Semiconductor Membranes for Wireless Sensing
An Improved Method for Analyzing Wireless Broadcasts