|Areas of Research Expertise
- Digital subtraction angiography
- Imaging and characterizing coronary artery lesions
- Investigations of non-invasive techniques for magnetic resonance imaging of the cardiovascular system
- Quantitation of flow
- Coronary artery imaging and flow measurement
- MR myocradial perfusion
||Charles Mistretta's University Web Page
|Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- NIH, 2010-2016, Accelerated neuro-MRA using compressed sensing and constrained reconstruction
- NIH, 2010-2016, Periodic contrast-enhanced CT with HYPR reconstruction for ablation monitoring
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc, 2011-2015, Addendum #8 to master research agreement between Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System and Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc
- NIH, 2013-2016, 4D DSA and 4D fluoroscopy: Validation of diagnostic and therapeutic capabilities
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, 2015-2016, Robert Draper Technology Innovation Funding (TIF) for "7D digital subtraction angiography"
- 8,963,919 - System and method for four dimensional angiography and fluoroscopy, issued February 2015.
- 8,768,031 - Time resolved digital subtraction angiography perfusion measurement method, apparatus and system, issued July 2014.
- 8,755,584 - System and method for filtration reduced equalized exposure computed tomography, issued June 2014.
- 8,825,138 - Method for reducing motion artifacts in highly constrained medical images, issued September 2014.
- 8,823,704 - System and method of time-resolved, three-dimensional angiography, issued September 2014
|USPTO Published Applications
- 20130108013 - System and method for improved energy series of images using multi-energy CT, published May 2013.
- 20100286504 - Contrast enhanced MRA with highly constrained backprojection reconstruction using phase contrast composite image, published November 2010.
- 20070167707 - Reconstruction method for images of the beating heart, published July 2007.
- 20070106149 - Image reconstruction method for cardiac gated magnetic resonance imaging, published May 2007.
- 20070009080 - Backprojection reconstruction method for CT imaging, published January 2007.
- Simultaneous static and cine nonenhanced MR angiography using radial sampling and highly constrained back projection reconstruction. Koktzoglou I, Mistretta CA, Giri S, Dunkle EE, Amin P, Edelman RR. Magn Reson Med. 2014 October;72(4):1079-1086. doi: 10.1002/mrm.25008. Epub 2013 November 11.
- Noncontrast dynamic 3D intracranial MR angiography using pseudo-continuous arterial spin labeling (PCASL) and accelerated 3D radial acquisition. Wu H, Block WF, Turski PA, Mistretta CA, Rusinak DJ, Wu Y, Johnson KM. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2014 May;39(5):1320-1326. doi: 10.1002/jmri.24279. Epub 2013 October 15.
- Design of a digital beam attenuation system for computed tomography. Part II. Performance study and initial results. Szczykutowicz TP, Mistretta CA. Med Phys. 2013 February;40(2):021906. doi: 10.1118/1.4773880.
- Design of a digital beam attenuation system for computed tomography: Part I. System design and simulation framework. Szczykutowicz TP, Mistretta CA. Med Phys. 2013 February;40(2):021905. doi: 10.1118/1.4773879.
|Recent Artistic Works
- NorthShore University HealthSystem, Radiology
- University of Chicago, Medicine
||Medical Physics / Radiology / Biomedical Engineering
|Address Line 1
||1139 Wisconsin Institutes for Medical Research
|Address Line 2
||1111 Highland Avenue
||B.S., University of Illinois, Engineering Physics, 1962
||M.S., Harvard University, Physics, 1964
||Ph.D., Harvard University, High Energy Physics, 1968
|Technologies Available for Licensing
||Ultra-High Frame Rate, Time-Resolved, 4-D MRA
Dual Resolution Acquisition of Magnetic Resonance Angiography Data with Vessel Segmentation
Enhanced Method for Vessel Segmentation to Improve Magnetic Resonance Angiography Images
Fourier Space Tomographic Image Reconstruction Method
Magnetic Resonance Angiography Using Floating Table Projection Imaging
Three-Dimensional Phase Contrast Imaging Using Interleaved Projection Data
Time-Resolved, Computed Tomographic Angiography
Phase Contrast MRI with Dual Velocity-Encoded Projection Reconstruction Acquisition
X-Ray System for Use in Image-Guided Procedures
Highly Constrained Backprojected Reconstruction (HYPR) for Magnetic Resonance Images
Highly Constrained Backprojected Reconstruction (HYPR) for Computed Tomography Images
Highly Constrained Image Reconstruction for Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
Highly Constrained Image Reconstruction for Medical Imaging Applications
Image Reconstruction Method for Cardiac Gated Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Image Reconstruction Method for Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Diffusion Tensor Imaging Using Highly Constrained Image Reconstruction Method
Image Reconstruction Method for Motion Encoded Magnetic Resonance Images
Highly Constrained Image Reconstruction (HYPR) for Ultrasound Imaging
Two-Dimensional Phase Contrast Imaging Using Interleaved Projection Data
Magnetic Resonance Angiography with Vessel Segmentation
Reducing Image Noise and X-ray Dose in Spectral CT
High-Speed Computed Tomography System Using a Spherical Anode for Improved Medical Imaging
Night Vision System, Device and Method for Enhanced Signal-to-Noise Ratio
Image Reconstruction Method for Computed Tomography and Magnetic Resonance Cardiac Imaging
Improved Highly Constrained Image Reconstruction (HYPR) Method